The FC Thunder Recreational Program fosters a fun, learning environment for children of all skill levels interested in learning soccer fundamentals.
FC Thunder collaborates with KidSafe-approved volunteer parent coaches to concentrate on individual player skills development. Our focus is to ensure players have a soccer experience that enables them to develop fundamentals as well as an appreciation of team work and good sportsmanship in a fun environment.
Our volunteer coaches are provided with a developmentally appropriate curriculum to teach from and have access to on the field guidance from both qualified Manchester School of Soccer coaches and FC Thunder staff coaches. This is all done with season long organizational assistance from FC Thunder staff and Directors to ensure we are doing everything we can for the players to learn and grow.
While the soccer experience in this league focuses primarily on having fun in comparison the more competitive levels of soccer within the club, the coaching provided ensures team and coach has access to structured exercises and training sessions, which will enable players to develop and maintain a basic foundation of soccer skills.
REC DIRECTOR / FIELD SCHEDULER
U4-U6 Age Group Coordinator
U7-U10 Age Group Coordinator
U11+ Age Group Coordinator
FALL 2018 U4 - U10 Recreational Season Schedule (AS OF 5/20/18)
Game Schedule is subject to change
Rec Coach Kickoff Meeting Presentation
Please reference the following presentation provided during the Spring 2018 Coach Kickoff Meeting (5/20/18).
U4-U10 Recreational Season Starting Soon:
• Saturday, 8/25/18: Regular registration ends (Late registration begins Sunday, 8/26/18)
• Tuesday, 9/4/18: U4-U6 Rec Coaches Kickoff Meeting, 7:00 pm Comfort Inn, Boerne (Rosters distributed to Rec Coaches)
• Wednesday, 9/5/18: U7-U10 Rec Coaches Kickoff Meeting, 7:00 pm Comfort Inn, Boerne (Rosters distributed to Rec Coaches)
• Wednesday, 9/5/18 – Saturday, 9/8/18: Rec players contacted by assigned Rec Coach
• Week of 9/10/18: First week of Rec practice
• Week of 9/10/18: First week of FC Thunder Skills
• Week of 9/17/18: Second week of Rec practice
• Saturday, 9/22/18: First Rec game day
All NEW U4-U10 Recreational players should order uniforms NOW!
(Players returning from previous Seasons can reuse uniforms)